Life

Busy, Frenetic
Pulled from all sides. NO TIME!
Here comes TsuMommy.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cloud Computing- Perfect for Writer's Workshop

I have been using google docs since Mounds View switched to Gmail. I thought it would be PERFECT to have my students have accounts for their writer's workshop papers. They could share their work with their peers and have peers leave comments for their peer conferences. I have been waiting for MV to decide if we are allowing students underage to have access to this in my classroom. I have also been looking at using turnitin.com. I don't know which is better or if it's even possible to use either at the 6th grade level. It would make things so much easier and useful for my students and me to view and share their work.

The presentation below that I created was used during Summer STEAM. I created it and was quickly able to share it with the other teachers since we were all teaching the same lesson to different groups of kids that day.

Summer STEAM Presentation

1 comment:

  1. Good news--student Gmail accounts are supposed to be ready to go this fall! I think it will be a great tool for encouraging students to collaborate, as well as easily save their work to access at home. Your Summer STEAM project sounds pretty cool. I bet the students loved it!

    ReplyDelete