Life

Busy, Frenetic
Pulled from all sides. NO TIME!
Here comes TsuMommy.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tagxedo and Studyblue


I am doing my assignments a little out of order...
I saw the cool image created by Karen Fox, and I agree that it would be a cool thing to put on a website. I also think it would be a fun activity for students to create an image on tagxedo that is made of words and an image to represent a character in Iqbal. I also love the idea of using it as a review for them to show what they have learned about a topic by using words and a shape that connect their learning to the topic that was discussed. I chose a shape out of the options on the website, but I saw that there was a place to add a shape or turn it into a word. I just decided that I should experiment with those options and re-created it into L.A. (Language Arts)
The website was very user-friendly. I also used studyblue.com to create flashcards. This was also extremely easy to use. I made flashcards for different types of figurative language. I am unable to post them right now. I think it's because when I signed up, our school was not listed in their database yet. It said that it will check to make sure my school exists and then get back to me. It's not letting me add students or embed my cards. I am assuming that if I link it, that won't work because it is password protected. I really like the site though. It would be easy to create cards to quiz my students, and it would also be very easy for my students to create their own cards.

1 comment:

  1. I like your Tagxedos. And I'm sorry that the StudyBlue site isn't cooperating. Is anyone else having similar problems? I think a few people have used it, but I'm not sure if they tried to add students. I'll play around with it too. Hopefully the site will get back to you soon, though!

    ReplyDelete