Life

Busy, Frenetic
Pulled from all sides. NO TIME!
Here comes TsuMommy.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Infographics

I used easel.ly for my infographic. It was very easy to use. I liked the set-up and many options for objects, shapes, texts, etc. There was also an easy way to upload photos that I wanted to use. I didn't like that I couldn't copy and paste text or pictures from one program or website to my handout. I had to download a picture and save it to my computer before transferring it to my creation. Something very handy that I like (but didn't use) is that if someone makes their creation public, you are able to use it as a starting point and change some of the graphics or text to fit your message. So instead of creating  flowchart from scratch, you could find one and change the information or add/delete graphics.

I enjoyed using it to create a handout that I would use to build background information for the novel Iqbal. I would probably prefer to have my students use it as a project to demonstrate what they know. I also think it could be fun to use during a poetry unit where they could combine graphics with their writing and be creative with it. Child_Labor title=
easel.ly

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a powerful tool, since it integrates images and statistics so easily. It would be a great way to introduce a topic, and kids would really enjoy making their own.

    ReplyDelete